Thursday, April 23, 2009

I love my mum for what she did cuz, now I can stay up very late and i don’t feel lethargic

I was in a ‘I’m not listening to you’ motion when I finished my last lesson-science with Puan Masnira. She’s good, I love her!! My mind was completely elsewhere, the place I dreaded for now. How would I say it? Would I be murdered? Could I lie?- NO THAT’S DEFINITE.THE WORD LYING IS NOT IN MY DICTIONARY!!! Say it. Get it and move on. Full stop. But…. How? My mind was rattling on without pause in a telephone manner, asking questions whish the answers would be revealed very soon. Verrrry verrry soon. At least soon enough to make my stomach twist.. As I got up to say (Terima Kasih, Cikgu)~Thank You, teacher~, my legs were already weak on their knees. I knew from that very moment, I knew I couldn’t make it.

Now, I’m on my bus heading home. I’m pretty sure it’ll take at least 5-10 minutes to reach my house. And there…. The huge, painted in peach, double storey terrace house stood. Like nothing had happened. Nothing out of ordinary. If only it knew. No, of course it didn’t. but I do. Only me that is… And that’s enough to make me go mad.

I am now sitting under a tree, holding my textbooks close to my chest, thinking how is all this going to work out. Will it be disastrous? Or will it be even worse? Only GOD knows. T gathered all the courage that was left in me, got up to my feet and started walking. Walking towards the sparkling gate which will lead me to my doom. Ready to gobble anyone with a news like me.


JUST A SECOND!!!NOO…WAIT…

I realize I can’t even get a gulp of fresh air. I’m growing breathless. Oh my god. My head is throbbing in pain as I drew one big, long breathe. I ignored it and fought my way to the bell. “DING DONG” ~a music is heard (in Tamil) ~ I walked into my house passing three cars parked in order at the garage.

The first face I met was the face I knew for 14 years, my maid. She asked me about the news. I answered. And this was her answer... "WHAT? Are you for real? That’s why, when people say, LISTEN. Don’t just mind your own business. This is what you deserve”. Well that surely didn’t go well; in fact it made me feel worse….

I am now eating some rice even though I know all the food wouldn’t go into the right food channel. I don’t mind. It’s far better to get choked ad die right now, rather than thinking what is going to happen. That would be just nice at a perfect timing especially like this one…

I feel like running away, but I don’t have anywhere to go. I might run and run for eternity but I don’t think I’ll reach somewhere any sooner than now. When I heard a click sound, I felt as though my soul was drifting away from me. Managing to stay put than leaving my body lifeless, it remained it’s position. Iand I hated it.

My mum is here. Talking to me. My whole body is sweating as I talk. “Did you get any results?” “erm…ya” “what is it?” “3Bs” “what??? SEJ , GEO and KH?? Are you for real?” “….” “This is what you get for not studying” “…..” “And your theory is? Burning the midnight oil at the eleventh hour?” “..…”(there's a lot of ugly scolding that i don't wanna write it down) my heartbeat was way out of normal stage. It was beating a thousand times per second. Well, deep inside of me, there is a voice telling “pheww… at last the news I dreaded came out to light!!!”

As I told you readers, (in my profile) the thing that scares the hell out of me is my mum’s scolding and I got a pretty hefty sum of that. Thank you very much. I’m very well grounded until PMR or maybe until I get all As in my coming exams. I have to stay up late to do my works..

Well, this is what I deserve though, I shall never forget this for the rest of my life. GENUINELY…. I love my mum for what she did cuz, now I can stay up very late and i don’t feel lethargic anymore. THANK YOU MUMMY!!! I LOVE YOU…

No comments:

Post a Comment